About Jeff Docalavich
Jeff has over 29 years of experience in accounting and finance with global durable goods manufacturing, selling into retail and commercial channels, and professional service industries. Jeff has held executive finance leadership positions with Industry leading Fortune 500 companies including Honeywell, Rockwell Automation, Manpower Group and Fortune Brands Home & Security. He has a rich history of delivering increased shareholder value through a profitability focused, analytic approach to resource allocation, strategy formation and implementation, and an execution focused planning process. He draws on broad business acumen, thorough financial analysis, teamwork and process improvements to drive results. He has demonstrated success in developing high performing teams, addressing underperforming businesses, M&A transactions as well as driving top- and bottom-line growth and margin expansion. Jeff has also had direct management responsibility for HR, IT, Credit & Collections, Risk Management, Sales Operations, Contracts, and Customer Service. Jeff has worked extensively with global companies, including leading teams as an expatriate in China, Singapore and Belgium.
Over his career, he has spearheaded the integration of multiple add- on acquisitions, relocated and consolidated multiple manufacturing facilities, improved cash flow using strategic AR, AP and inventory policies, built scalable IT infrastructure to accommodate growth and negotiated vendor agreements. He also transformed the finance department at a company where he developed robust profitability analytics, forecasting and reporting processes.
Jeff’s core competencies that will drive results to the bottom line include:
- Practical, execution focused activities that will quickly generate value for the owner(s)
- Strategic business planning, budgeting, cash forecasting, and modeling financial projections
- Financial Performance Management including developing Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) dashboards
- Profitability analysis – Product costing, pricing, customer and channel profitability
- Operational evaluation and process improvements in end to end supply chain
- Working capital management (inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable)
- Timely and accurate financial reporting, analysis, and presentation
- Manufacturing Accounting (overhead rate development, inventory accounting)
- Technology -ERP/Accounting Systems review, selection and implementation as well as optimize existing
- M&A, sale and acquisition due diligence
- Managing relationships with banks, CPA’s, insurance providers and attorneys
Jeff has an innate ability to build, direct and motivate teams by fostering a spirit of collaboration and team-work. With his positive energy and enthusiasm, Jeff is equally competent working “hands on” with staff to provide guidance, or strategically with business owners and senior management. He possesses remarkable communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with CEOs, boards of directors, and all levels of management and staff.
West Georgia State University, BS
Arizona State University, MBA
Certificates & Licenses: